Search This Blog

Sunday 3 March 2013

A DIY Paint Party! (and I'm back.....)

First of all - thank you to anyone who is reading this after my long absence! 
I needed to get re-energized and a little time off from blogging was apparently
just what I needed.  Now have I got a boatload of stuff to show you......I've
been busy.
 
Here's one little project I completed on Saturday - it was in preparation for
an event.  I had to try out what I was going to do......these are dollar store
plastic (fake wood look) frames with some Michael's embellishments.



I actually taught a little diy painting class last night - it was
really fun and the turn out was great. 

There were 13 people attending the class - whoot whoot!!



We explored different paint finishes and formulas - including "real" chalk
paint (VanGogh) and some of the home-made recipes for chalk-like paint
that are floating around blogland.


We used my favourite - flat latex with unsanded white grout and a little
water.  

I made each person a little goody bag with all of the basic stuff they would
need including a little 4x6 dollar store frame.  The paint adhered beautifully
to the frames and the results were great! 

We did some distressing (no one yelled at anyone just sanded...LOL)


We explored waxing (I use beeswax) and poly finishes - everyone had a
chance to try each.
 
All-in-all it was a great night and great inspiration for me to get going!
I learned a few things a long the way myself.

Until next time,
Blessings!

2 comments:

Tobeystrashortreasure said...

Looks like a fun time, must have been a lot of work getting everything you needed to host something like that. Love the frames and welcome back, you were missed. hugs Tobey

ohiofarmgirl said...

Great job!!! Dianntha