Search This Blog

Friday 27 July 2012

Bright Shiny Things!

I had a great day today.  Just hanging out with Mr. Biff.  We ran a bunch
of errands and then, on the way home, stopped at our favourite recycle
depot/thrift store - "Skip City".  Today, for a measly 5 bucks - I hit a veritable
jackpot of mercury glass!  Check these out:
The blue reflection in the mercury glass is "me" in my
new blue sundress! Please ignore the doorknob - not exactly
a well-staged photo!
The apothecary jar is over 12" tall - it's gorgeous! 
Bonus - in the bottom of the apothecary jar!

There was a young girl looking at these two pieces but I mentally
willed her to put them down - which she did because as she said to her
mom "there's yucky stuff inside"!   So I admit, I did pick them up gingerly
only to discover that the "yucky stuff" was melted candle wax!

I also got this funky shirt I am going to use as a seat cover on a chair and a
huge chunk of this fabric, along with the vintage frame.....yes, all for FIVE
dollars.....can I get a "hell yeah!"




Mr. Biff brought home this lovely little chair the other day too.  I have the
perfect little desk/table to go with it.  They'll make a great set for a little
girl's or boy's room - depending on the colour I choose!

I've got a few other cool things to show you but I don't want to get you
over-excited so we will pace ourselves.......stay tuned!

5 comments:

Nita Stacy said...

What great finds! I totally would have grabbed that mercury glass too. I went thrifting today too but found nothing.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the mercury glass. Thrift stores rock!

Revi said...

Ditto. Fellow magpie and new follower!
-Revi

Tuula @ Thrifty Rebel Vintage said...

Love, love, love the mercury glass! What a score! I'm here from the Welcome Wednesday blog hop. I'm your newest follower and hope you can follow me back. Have a great day!

Stephanie said...

What luck in finding the mercury glass. I've never seen any in the thrift stores and have been toying with the idea of making my own.