Search This Blog

Sunday 25 March 2012

California Comes North......

Say what?  California in British Columbia?

Why yes, indeed, it's true.....the lovely
California Sea Lion colonies have made their
way north to the waters off Vancouver Island to
feast on the annual herring run.

So, without further ado - here are the
seal-ebrities *groan* from California!





And some fishing boats thrown in for good measure....

Mr. Biff and I stopped at Fanny Bay just to stretch our
legs and were greeted with the loudest barking you can
imagine.  These beauties are anything but quiet and are surprisingly
HUGE!  I don't know how many were crammed onto the
floats but they were constantly vying for the best position.

One of the many reasons I love the Pacific Northwest - nature
is never further than your back doorstep.




1 comment:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

My kids love to feed these fine animals at the Seaside aquarium--so I know how loud they can be!