Search This Blog

Tuesday 14 February 2012

I am Co-Hosting a Par-tay!! & Ain't LUV Grand?

Now before I get to the mushy stuff - I am thrilled
to say I am co-hosting a Linky "Par-tay"
beginning tomorrow to celebrate
Jaime Lyn's 1 year Blogiversary over at
Please be sure to come back tomorrow and
join us for a party-extraordinaire!


Now onto LUV:
I feel like every day is Valentine's Day - even the not so
perfect ones.  I have been blessed with finding my soulmate
and every day I am grateful for his love.

I remember the first giddy moment of falling in love with
him - he sent me a text while I was away for a weekend
just after we first met.  It was a long, multi-part text of one of
the most famous poems by Gaius Valerius Catallus.
Catallus 5 was written in 65 BC (proving love is a constant). 
Here is  just a portion translated:


"Give me a thousand kisses, then a hundred.
Then, another thousand, and a second hundred.
Then, yet another thousand, and a hundred.

Then, when we have counted up many thousands,
Let us shake the abacus, so that no one may know the number,
And become jealous when they see
How many kisses we have shared."
The romantic guy sent it to me in Latin (I'll admit I had
to google it for the translation and then was all aflutter!)

“Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera,
 dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille,
 deinde centum”

Yup, he had me at "da".....*giggle*

So as we celebrate our 6th Valentine's Day together
 I offer him back this:



"Tutto a te mi Guida"

Ain't love grand? (Now go google it!)



2 comments:

Jaime Lyn said...

I hope you had a wonderful WONDERFUL day with your soulmate :o) And I am SOOOO thrilled to have you as a co-host!!! :o) :o)
Can't wait for tomorrow!
Jaime

Unknown said...

the painting on the pear's is my great hobby I like your blog it is full of interesting information
Painting Company