Search This Blog

Saturday 26 November 2011

You Light Up My Life....

You give me hope....to carry on.....
You light up my days and fill
my nights.....ok, enough already!

Wanna see what I did to some old
lamps?  I found these lamps at our
local recycle depot.  Another gal there was
rummaging in a box and pointed to the
lamps and commented to me
"Nate Berkus would love these lamps"! 


I said - "yup, I am sure you are right - are
you going to buy them?"  She said no - she
didn't know how to fix them up
.....well then move on over Buttercup
because I have an idea or 2!! 


They were tacky mostly worn off gold
with some missing crystals and filthy
dirty but you can see their potential and
the best part - they were only $5!!


I removed all the crystals, cleaned the bases,
taped off the cord and the socket and broke
out the ORB (oil rubbed bronze).  Taking
advantage of the one dry day
 we've had in a while.....


My pics are not "staged" very well but you
get the idea.  These babies (there are two) will
be moving into my new bedroom.  Stay tuned
for a reveal once I have finished fluffing and
puffing it up!  I will share what I did with
the shades as well.....



I picked up a whole garland of crystals at
Fabricland with 50% off.....not bad!  I thought
these more diminuitive crystals were more
appropriate (don't want my lamps screaming
bordello!).....so what do you think?

I'd love to hear from you!



15 comments:

Simply Beautiful Now said...

You did a fantastic job with the lamp. I love the ORB...it's one of my favourite spray paint colours.

Thanks for bringing me back down memory lane...haven't heard that Debbie Boone song in years!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a beautiful lamp I love it! Thanks for following me..I am your newest follower!

Linda said...

Simply stunning.Great job. Love the transformation.

Peggy said...

Love the lamps Peggy of course I'm a sucker for anything with bling. Thanks for sharing.

Debbiedoos said...

Peggy that lamp is gorgeous. What a great re-do you did too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

Oh my goodness! I love these!!! And they were only $5?! What a find!!! I'm a new follower of yours. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! Please feel free to check out my blog at bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance! Have an awesome week!

Shannon Fox said...

Move over buttercup... lol.
What we would all be thinking ;)
Love em'. Great redo!!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

Wowsa! I love those lamps! Beautiful!

Marigene said...

The lamps came out beautifully!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

I am visiting today from Bunny Jeans Bunny Hop Wednesday. Your lamps turned out great! so creative of you...I can't wait to see what else you did with them.
I'm your newest follower.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth
"Home is Where the Heart is"
www.athomewithelizabethgary.blogspot.com

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

I love everything with the shimmer of crystal. The snowman you included in one of your photos is very special.

Visiting from the Bunny Hop, Debra

Jamie @ DIY Home Sweet Home said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!! What a lovely lamp. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower.
Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
Jamie
http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

Ruth said...

They look amazing. I have not been lucky enough to find lamps like these at a good price.

Ruth

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Peggy!

You made me LOL about the crystals. Yes, I agree that the smaller ones are a little tamer that hose big original ones!

The ORB sure makes a difference and you picked out great shades.

Thanks for coming to my Bunny Hop Party! If you have any pets you may want to check out my Christmas Pet Parade :)

xoxo Bunny jean

Tami Michel said...

I think you did a great job, love the way they turned out!
~Tami @ Curb Alert!