Search This Blog

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Lean Design.....

I just finished day two of a three day workshop
on "Lean" design.  Many of you are probably familiar
with the concept (it's aligned with
"Six Sigma").  Lean design is based on
 the premise that there is waste
in every process or design and there
 are elemental ways to eliminate or reduce it.

What's particularly funny (at least in my brain!)
is that I am living in what some might call
a "hoarder's paradise" right at the moment!

In my last post "It's Complicated" I explained
how we are in the process of reducing the
excess in our merged households.  It's a
daunting process!

Too funny that I would be in this workshop
at this time when I am faced with an
undertaking that would be
absolutely enhanced by applying the
principles of Lean design......

Hmmmmm, the universe has a tendancy to give
you what you need, when you need it, if you
are only open to it!



If you would like more information on
some of the Lean design models and concepts
simply Google "lean design" and away you
go!!  Let me know if you are
successful at applying it to either your
business processes or your home processes!


No comments: